
"The debut novel, started by Mary Ann Shaffer before her death and finished by her niece Annie Barrows, has received positive reviews with the San Francisco Chronicle saying, "It's tempting to throw around terms like 'gem' when reading a book like this. But Guernsey is not precious; it's dear, or even darling. This is a book for firesides or long train rides. It's as charming and timeless as the novels for which its characters profess their love."
This book comes highly recommended and seems promising. I hope we all enjoy it! Hope everyone is having wonderful summer 2009 and happy reading!
2 comments:
Get on your library waiting lists, ladies! I'm #156 of 180 at my library. I hope the 155 people ahead of me are fast readers!
Some of you may know this trick, but when the lists are long, I always request the large print edition and it seems to be my turn MUCH faster! Even if the librarian looks at me with sympathy when I go to pick up the book. You know, "How could one so young be losing her eyesight?..."
Post a Comment