Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Patterson
This engaging story had me completely enthralled the whole time. Based on its summary description and title, I assumed the storyline would be a fairly predictable - Young girl falls in love with a young man, budding romance that is broken, and the recovery from such a relationship. There was that in way. Yet, I kept wondering who Jacob was in the story. He was never mentioned as a character. If you haven't read this classic, I don't want to give it away. But I absolutely loved how the author used the title to tie in the culminating feelings of the main character. Such a strong and moving descriptive lesson.A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly

Also a very enthralling read, I just couldn't wait to find out what happened in this historical fiction. It is based on a true murder story of the early 1900's. The author tells the story of a fictional character whose dreams of college are shattered through various events. In the meanwhile, she alone discovers the secrets of an unsuspected murder which gives her the strength to make necessary changes in her own crumbling life. The author was also very clever at introducing a new word, its meaning, and application in each chapter. A very clever read.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment