Monday, June 15, 2009

Theodor Seuss Geisel


Since most of my reading lately has been to my kids, I thought I would blog about one of our favorite authors Theodor Seuss Geisel (a.k.a. Dr. Seuss) When reading about Dr. Seuss I discovered that we are the proud owners of 36 out of 51 books that he wrote and illustrated. (This doesn't include all the books we have that he wrote but didn't illustrate!) :) Here is a little summary about Dr. Seuss:

"Theodor Seuss Geisel (March 2, 1904 – September 24, 1991) was an American writer and cartoonist most widely known for his children's books written under the pen name Dr. Seuss. He published over 60 children's books, which were often characterized by imaginative characters, rhyme, and frequent use of trisyllabic meter. His most celebrated books include the bestselling Green Eggs and Ham, The Cat and the Hat, and One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. Numerous adaptations of his work have been created, including eleven television specials, three feature films, and a Broadway musical. Geisel also used the pen name Theo. LeSieg (Geisel spelled backwards) for books he wrote but others illustrated." (Wikipedia)

Our family loves Dr. Seuss books for there wit and use of meter and rhyme. I attribute both of my boys love of books to reading Dr. Seuss to them. If you haven't picked up a Dr. Seuss book for a while I encourage you to check one out!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you for your post! I have loved Dr. Seuss since I was small, and now my little ones love reading his books as well.

I think my favorite Dr. Seuss book is, "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" I love the message in this simple book for children!!