If you are looking for a book that will inspire you with a desire to be a better person, then you will definitely enjoy: “How to Win Friends and Influence People,” by Dale Carnegie. Although written in the 1930’s, the message is timeless. Over 15 million copies of this book have been sold since its first publication.This book gives insight to understanding people and why they do what they do. My favorite quote from the book is: “Any fool can criticize, but it takes true character to be understanding and forgiving.” This book has definitely had an impact on my relationships with others. It is so easy to criticize people and the things they do. We don't know what others are struggling with, and I certainly hope that other people give me the benefit of the doubt. I must say it again- I love it so much! "Any fool can criticize, but it takes true character to be understanding and forgiving."
I am curious to see who has either read or heard of this book. It is definitely a book with a universal message for all, no matter what your stage in life.
Thank you Bookworms!
1 comment:
I think I read this for a class in college, but might need a refresher! Thanks for the suggestion, Amy.
Post a Comment