Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Children's Book Review: David Catrow












Rather than recommend a book I decided to recommend an Illustrator. I love the work done by David Catrow. He has a such a fun, exaggerated way of telling the story. His pictures are funny and detailed, vibrant and creative. He illustrates for a variety of children's authors and I just love what he adds to
the story. Our favorites are "Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon", "I Ain't Gonna Paint No More" and "I Wanna Iguana". If you get a chance check him out!

BTW- I always thought Adri should be a children's illustrator. I love her little sketches too! Whenever my girls ask me to draw something I wish I could draw it as cute as Adri....

4 comments:

Linn said...

He is fabulous Jen! Great post. Whenever my kids ask me to draw something, I wish I could...draw. Like Adri would be beyond my wildest dreams. I just pass it on to my husband. An artist, I am not.

Adri said...

Oh, Jen...you are too kind. I'm afraid my doodling hands are out of practice. I can't draw anything anymore! And, definitely can't draw like David Catrow. Hope you don't mind, but I put a few pictures on in case anyone is unfamiliar with his work. Thanks for the review!

mags said...

i love molly lou melon! david catrow's illustrations are so colorful and fun, thanks for a look at more of his work!

Amy said...

I don't believe we have read any of his books. Clearly we are missing out! Thanks for the post Jen!