The book for July is "The Heretic's Daughter" by Kathleen Kent. Kent, a descendant of a condemned Salem witch, based this story on her own family history. "After a bout of smallpox, 10-year-old Sarah Carrier resumes life with her mother on their family farm in Andover, Mass., dimly aware of a festering dispute between her mother, Martha, and her uncle about the plot of land where they live. The fight takes on a terrifying dimension when reports of supernatural activity in nearby Salem give way to mass hysteria, and Sarah's uncle is the first person to point the finger at Martha." -Publishers Weekly
I have always wanted to read a book about this difficult period of time in our history. I hope you will enjoy reading "The Heretic's Daughter".
1 comment:
I have always been fascinated with the Salem Witch Trials. I am looking forward to reading this book.
Post a Comment