I've put a lot of thought into the book I wanted to choose for the month of October. And while I have read some good books lately, for some reason, I did not feel like any of them were the right choice this month. So here is my pick for the upcoming month. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I know that most everyone (if not everyone) in this book club has read this novel. I have also. But if my math is right, it has been at least thirteen or fourteen years since I have laid eyes on it. And I can't help but wonder what my thirty-one-year-old self would get from this book that my sixteen-year-old self did not. And I definitely can't help but wonder what your amazing selves are going to get from this book. And I am excited to have you share. Enjoy everyone! Oh and Happy October...almost!
Monday, September 29, 2008
October book choice
I've put a lot of thought into the book I wanted to choose for the month of October. And while I have read some good books lately, for some reason, I did not feel like any of them were the right choice this month. So here is my pick for the upcoming month. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I know that most everyone (if not everyone) in this book club has read this novel. I have also. But if my math is right, it has been at least thirteen or fourteen years since I have laid eyes on it. And I can't help but wonder what my thirty-one-year-old self would get from this book that my sixteen-year-old self did not. And I definitely can't help but wonder what your amazing selves are going to get from this book. And I am excited to have you share. Enjoy everyone! Oh and Happy October...almost!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think we are overdue for a classic. I'm looking forward to reading this one again!
Post a Comment