For those that are looking for a deep, analytical, thought-provoking book, this post is not for you. So sorry. For those looking for something light and entertaining and yet well-written, this post could well be what you are seeking.Somehow I was introduced to the book An Untamed Land by Lauraine Snelling. It is historical fiction (which I happen to like a great deal) and just a good read. But most exciting to me, as I found out later, is that it is the first in a series of six books that goes by the name of The Red River of the North Series. The books follow the life and story of a family that immigrates from Norway to the Dakota Territories in the late 1800s. There is also a follow up series (Return to Red River) that continues to follow the Bjorkland family and their posterity. I have just finished the final book in the first series and will start the second sometime in the next few months…if I ever catch up with my other list of books I need to read. Anyway, for those of you who enjoy historical fiction that is difficult to put down, I highly recommend this series. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment