Tuesday, February 26, 2008

March Book: Cry, The Beloved Country


I have chosen “Cry, The Beloved Country” by Alan Paton for the March Book. I have wanted to read this book for a long time and hope that you all haven’t read it already. (And if you have already read it, it is a classic so maybe it is worth reading again! :)

This book is set in South Africa in the 1940s and is the story of a Zulu pastor and his son. It is a story about families, hope, forgiveness and courage and I hope you enjoy reading it!

3 comments:

mags said...

I've yet to read this classic. I am looking forward to it.

Adri said...

I love this book, and will definitely read it again with you all! Great pick, Shelley!

Leslie said...

I've read this book and loved it, they also made it into a movie and did a wonderful job!