Friday, December 28, 2007

Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon

I love, love, love the book Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon. It is the story of a girl who, although different in many ways, learns to listen to her grandma and love herself and the things that make her different. If you haven't read this book, you should truly run to the library to check it out. The story is wonderful and the pictures are incredible. Did I mention I kind of like this children's book?

4 comments:

mags said...

this was the other book I considered posting. I love its message and the art is so colorful and fun. thanks for posting two!

Reluctant Nomad said...

I love this one too Linn. I cry every time I read it.

Kami said...

We checked this out on your recommendation. The kids think it's funny...especially every time it says, "Ronald Durkin felt very foolish!" Cute story!

Adri said...

We checked this out at the library on your recommendation; I'd never seen it before. Our family also gives it a big THUMBS UP! My kids loved the illustrations and the idea of Molly Lou balancing pennies on her teeth! Thanks for the great suggestion!