OK, so I don't follow rules very well and have to share two of my favorites. Fortunately for you, I have chosen only two and will not detail every one of my favorite children's books because I love picture books. This is another favorite because it brings back such sweet memories, this time of my daughter, Aliza. We checked this book out from the library and she cried when I took it back, so my mom gave her a copy of this book along with a new blanky for her 2nd birthday. We read this book over and over and over...it is about a sweet little bunny named Flora who can't find her blanket and won't go to bed without it (I could relate to this!). Her brothers and sisters all offer to let her use their blankets, but she only wants hers. So they look everywhere for the blanket, until finally she becomes so tired that she drifts off to sleep and her daddy takes her to sleep in bed with him and mommy. When they get in the parents bed, they find the blanket under their covers. So cute. Debi Gliori has written and illustrated a lot of children's books and just does a great job! Also worth checking out: Tell me what it's like to be Big and Flora's Flowers. Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Flora's Blanket
OK, so I don't follow rules very well and have to share two of my favorites. Fortunately for you, I have chosen only two and will not detail every one of my favorite children's books because I love picture books. This is another favorite because it brings back such sweet memories, this time of my daughter, Aliza. We checked this book out from the library and she cried when I took it back, so my mom gave her a copy of this book along with a new blanky for her 2nd birthday. We read this book over and over and over...it is about a sweet little bunny named Flora who can't find her blanket and won't go to bed without it (I could relate to this!). Her brothers and sisters all offer to let her use their blankets, but she only wants hers. So they look everywhere for the blanket, until finally she becomes so tired that she drifts off to sleep and her daddy takes her to sleep in bed with him and mommy. When they get in the parents bed, they find the blanket under their covers. So cute. Debi Gliori has written and illustrated a lot of children's books and just does a great job! Also worth checking out: Tell me what it's like to be Big and Flora's Flowers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks, Andrea! There are no rules against sharing multiple books, so share away. I've never read this one, but will be looking for it on our next library trip!
Post a Comment