
We just checked this out from the library for the 2nd or 3rd time, and my animal-lovin' little girl just adores it. The pictures are beautiful and the story tells of how different animals come into the world: "if you were born a kitten, you would come into the world in a silvery sac and your mother would lick, lick, lick you free." After several animals, the book concludes with how a human baby rides, curled up, under its mother's heart. It is a good introduction to that age-old question 'where do babies come from' and is just right for your youngest inquisitor.
Illustrator: JoEllen McAllister Stammen
1 comment:
Ade, I LOVE this book! Have I told you that? I checked it out to read to Carson when I was pregnant with Maryn. Maybe it was the extra hormones or something, but couldn't keep from crying while I read it. (Carson thought I was strange, obviously.) I just thought it was so special! It's definitely on my list of books to buy!
Post a Comment