The author of one of my favorite books, A Wrinkle in Time, died on Thursday. I am not usually a fantasy book fan, but A Wrinkle in Time is a definite exception. As noted in an earlier post, it was the Newbery Award Winner in 1963. L'Engle was the speaker at my graduation commencement at BYU in 1999 and I felt it a privilege to hear her words and inspiration. For more information, see the article in the New York Times. Or, you can listen to the NPR story about L'Engle.
Saturday, September 08, 2007
Madeleine L'Engle dies
The author of one of my favorite books, A Wrinkle in Time, died on Thursday. I am not usually a fantasy book fan, but A Wrinkle in Time is a definite exception. As noted in an earlier post, it was the Newbery Award Winner in 1963. L'Engle was the speaker at my graduation commencement at BYU in 1999 and I felt it a privilege to hear her words and inspiration. For more information, see the article in the New York Times. Or, you can listen to the NPR story about L'Engle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey look, Adri, I am making a comment on the blog. I bet you thought I would never do this.
Well, I am not currently up on the monthly reading, but I have been reading. I just finished listening to Their Eyes Were Watching God, which we read about a year ago. So I am quite behind at this point. I did like the book, but not as much as I thought I would when I heard lots of great things about it in the media and other places. I did listen to it over a months time, so I am sure my comprehension of it was a bit scattered at times. I think I was comparing it to Cold Sassy Tree as well, which I really liked.
So that is my thoughts for now. More to come again on another book.
Thanks for keeping me motivated to read recreational books and respond. As a literacy specialist, I know the importance of that. I just don't think you would want to read or discuss books like Comprehension Strategies or Differentiated Instruction for the Diverse Classroom which is what most my reading consists of these days. But you might like them.
Post a Comment