Monday, February 26, 2007

March Book Selection

Hi everyone! I have chosen "A TRAIN TO POTEVKA" by Mike Ramsdell for the March Book.

It is a story of a CIA agent based on his true experiences getting out of Siberia, knowing that his life was in jeopardy. I have been told that his description of life in Russia is very accurate. The story is filled with suspense, sorrow, hope, drama, family ties, romance, and history. The author is originally from Utah. It is very easy to read and hard to put down. I'm sure you will love the book. It is in great demand right now, so start looking for it soon.

Happy reading, Gayle!

3 comments:

Kami said...

Gayle, you're right about it being in demand! Apparently the Davis County Library system has 17 copies, but I'm #52 on the list of people waiting for one! Wow!

Linn said...

If it is worth it to some of you, you might want to check out Ebay or Half.com. Our library in San Diego didn't carry a copy and I really want to read this one. I happened to get a copy on Ebay for $4.50 including shipping. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive in a day or two!

PS. I am really excited to read February's book, but am, as always, a little behind when it comes to books. (I try to read two or three in between each monthly book and I get behind--I guess there are worse things.) :) I have it reserved and will get it in the morning. Thanks to you all for the wonderful book suggestions!

Linn said...

I have finished reading "A Train to Potevka" and wanted anyone who wanted a chance and can't get it from their library to have it. If anyone wants me to mail it on to them, I would happily pay postage and they can keep the book or pass it on. Please just email me (Adri should have my email) and let me know. Sorry, I guess it will have to be first come...have a great one!