Hi Bookworms,
I got an interesting email today. It was from a woman, Katie, who works for the Arbinger Institute. She noticed that I'd written a review of "Bonds That Make Us Free" on Goodreads and was wondering if I'd like to share a story about how this book has impacted me with Arbinger. Terry Warner, the author, is also a founder of the Institute. Other books by the Arbinger Institute are "Leadership and Self Deception" and "Anatomy of Peace." Also, James Ferrell, author of "The Peacegiver" and "The Holy Secret" is a founding member at Arbinger, too. If you've read any of these titles, I'm sure you've noticed a common thread. Their theories on peace are found in all these books.
Anyway, I replied to the email, mentioning that we'd read "Bonds That Make Us Free" as a book group, and Katie invited anyone who would like to share an experience about this book or any of the Arbinger books.
If you would like to participate, you can share your story at the Arbinger Online Community. According to Katie, A helpful story is:
1. Honest (about one's own faults)
2. Charitable (concerning other's faults)
3. A description of an awakening in myself--for example, a new view about who I have been, for example, or a fresh view of another, or a desire to do something for someone (perhaps, even, something that I have been resisting), and so on.
4. Not self-concerned. (For example, don't be concerned about grammar! Don't worry at all about perfecting or even polishing your expression of a story. Good writing is just good, honest thinking, either recorded or put to paper. Don't fuss at all with grammar, etc. Just express what's in your heart or on your mind. We can edit, and will send a copy to you to look over if we suggest any significant edits.)
She also emailed me some examples, if anyone is interested. Just let me know and I'll forward them along. I encourage everyone to share!
Thanks,
Adri
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment