Friday, January 23, 2009

February's Book: "The Ultimate Gift"

Jason Stevens is a young man who has been handed everything his whole life. At the death of Jason’s great-uncle, he is given the opportunity to obtain the “Ultimate Gift.” Having never worked a day in his life, Jason struggles to obtain this special gift.


Questions to think about while reading:

  • What are the twelve gifts?
  • What can we learn from each gift?
  • The author writes, “In the end, a person is only known by the impact they have on others.” What kind of impact did Red Stevens have on his family? What impact would he have liked to leave for his family?
  • Why was Jason chosen for the opportunity to obtain the “Ultimate Gift?”
  • What is the “Ultimate Gift,” and what does it mean to you?

I look forward to the discussion on this book. It is a book that we had at home, and one that is an “easy read.” I really enjoy reading self-help books, and I like how this book is both inspiring and has a story to go along. Some of you may have seen the movie, which I loved. However, the book is a bit different. Hope you all enjoy reading the “Ultimate Gift,” by Jim Stovall!

1 comment:

Fay said...

I happened to actually finish a book before the month was over! Thanks for the easy read! As I began I felt the story was so familiar. I must have seen the movie at some point. Although the story line was very predictable and the writing style not the best I've read by any means, I still enjoyed reading about an octogenarian that loved his family so much that he tried to "save" one using the basic principles of success he had learned and proved throughout his own life. Red Stevens had a great impact on his young nephew but the influence, no doubt, will spread forwards to his future family and even backwards and sideways as his new attitude infects his other family members. Thanks for choosing this book.