
I am interested to see if any of you are familiar with the author I have chosen for this month. The author for the month of November is: Jennifer Fox M. Ed.
I recently noticed a book at the library called, “Your Child’s Strengths.” Until this time, I had never heard of Jennifer Fox. This is a wonderful book about focusing on the strengths of children, rather than trying to correct their weaknesses.
I have become quite interested in the methods of education by Jennifer Fox. Not only is it useful for finding the strengths of children, but I have found it helpful in discovering and focusing on the strengths I have; and why I enjoy doing certain things.
Jennifer Fox has started a “Strengths Movement” to help parents and teachers work together to find the force that drives each individual student. This movement focuses on the fact that not all children excel in every area of school. Not because they aren’t “smart,” but because they are simply stronger in other areas.
With an undergraduate degree and two Masters Degrees, Jennifer has had many years experience working to change the thinking with our current educational system. Not only does she desire to help children find success for their future, but she also feels this movement will provide a positive outcome for the success of our nation.
3 comments:
Thanks, Amy. Sounds very interesting and useful info for me. I'm going to request her book right now.
Wow, this looks very interesting. I cannot wait to read it. Thanks Amy!
Please let me know if you read the book. I would really like to know what you think! I found the book very interesting, and helpful. I think that it can apply to any one of us, not just children.
Post a Comment