When Adri asked me to post a review of a Children's Picture book for this month, I was very excited because I love picture books! The problem was deciding which of all of my favorites to discuss!! Several of you have already posted about some I love and I wanted to be able to recommend a book to you that you could love. (I feel bad still for the Playing for Pizza fiasco.) This week I had the opportunity to take my kids to Yellowstone and lo and behold, I found this book in the gift shop. M is for Majestic:ca National Parks Alphabet is beautifully written and illustrated and tells the reader about some of our National Parks, from Acadia and Arches to Yosemite and Zion. The facts are interesting and fun...It is written by David Domeniconi and illustrated by Pam Carroll.
There are also tons of other titles for almost any subject you or your kids may be interested in. Some of my favorites are: A is for America, L is for Lonestar: a Texas Alphabet, A is for Arches: a Utah Alphabet, and H is for Homerun.
I hope you can find an "alphabet book" that you and your family will enjoy!!

1 comment:
I love these books too! In fact there is a book written for each state with fun facts and great illustrations. The best part is, the author and illustrator for the state is from that home state they're writting/illustrating for!!
Post a Comment