Dear Bookworms,After reading my previous pick, Adri and I decided to pull it, because it is unfortunately not very appropriate. That's what I get for not reading it before hand, so I apologize. Wendy Shalit's first book is really good and so I had high hopes for this one, but sadly she dissapointed me. So....with all that said, we are going to read another one along the same lines but written with dignity and reverence. "Modesty, Makeovers, and the Pursuit of Physical Beauty" by Jeffrey R. Holland and Susan W. Tanner. Those of you in Utah may be able to get a copy at your local library and hopefully for those of you out of State, we're not too late. Sorry for the last minute change but I think we'll all enjoy this one!
3 comments:
Thanks for the book swap. I read about 85 pages of "Girls Gone Wild" and felt terrible! I couldn't shake the yucky feeling for days and didn't know if the book would get better or if it would continue to depress me. I was hoping the author would celebrate more women who were "going mild" instead of dissecting every sexually explicit episode in the country. Did anyone finish? Did it redeem itself? I look forward to Elder Holland's book!
Natalie,
I completely agree with your comment. The book kind-of gets better after the first 50 pages, but not much I'm sorry to say. I skipped a lot but didn't find much redeeming value sandwiched in between the cover. I too am looking forward to Elder Hollands book!
I ordered it and can't wait to get the "real" scoop on beauty and modesty!
Post a Comment