Monday, June 09, 2008

Book Review: Pumpkin Soup



I decided for my review to choose a book that my youngest boy has asked me to read to him, at least once a day, for that last couple months, "Pumpkin Soup" by Helen Cooper. I love this book! It is a great story about friendship and forgiveness and also covers the topic of how hard it can be to share and change routine. The story follows three friends a duck, a cat, and a squirrel, through a sharing spat that separates them, to adventures in trying to reunite, to "the best pumpkin soup you ever tasted". The story helps children to understand the importance of sharing and also the importance of friendship. The illustrations are wonderful and there is also some subtle humor for us parents who get to read them over and over again. Helen Cooper has written a few other books, some with the continuation of the pumpkin soup story, but by far I think this is her best! "Pumpkin Soup" is the best you've ever tasted!

No comments: