Hello all! Okay, before I start this review I should say…I am not much of a review person. Pretty much, I just like to recommend books I have read and enjoyed and let others see if they enjoy them also. So, if I am not going to be fired from the group for this not technically being a review, I will let you know about a book I have read recently that I thought was well worth my time. It was not only worth my time, it took up all of my time. I literally read this 500 page book in less than 6 hours and in two days. Yikes, what is the matter with me? What is the book you ask…
It is Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. No, this is not an intellectual book that will make you think differently about your life and your priorities. It is not so well written that you look for underlying themes with each sentence. It will not help you treat your children better or desire to eat only fruits and vegetables. It is just fun!
Now I am not giving anything away by telling you it is about vampires (it is all over the back of the book), but I will tell you that when my husband asked what I was reading and I told him a book about vampires, his face could have won some kind of award. Absolutely hilarious! He knows how I feel about these things. (I am thirty and still afraid of the dark, I don’t like that people even want to know if there are aliens—I say leave them alone if there are, and there are certain commercials that scare the daylights out of me.) So, why am I recommending a book about vampires? Read it and find out!
2 comments:
Thank you, Linn, for validating my crazy obsession with this book. I read it in two days, too...and for the same reasons. This book is NOT intellectual. In fact, it is a young adult book totally geared toward teenagers. And, it is about vampires, for heaven's sake! Yet, for some reason, it is addicting! It is the perfect book to read on the beach, so I highly recommend it. And, it has recently come out in paperback, if the wait list at the library is too long! One more side note...this is written by Stephenie Meyer, a BYU grad, mother of three. I used to be in a book group in Kentucky with her cousin so we actually read this as soon as it came out for our group. Meyer's cousin said that chapter 11 (I think---the one that takes place in the meadow) was a dream she had. When she woke up she immediately wrote it down and created the book around it. One more thing...I've read the sequel, New Moon, too. It is okay...not as great, but if you are really into the characters, you might just have to find out what happens. And the third book (I think it is supposed to be the last), Eclipse, comes out in August. If you pick up this book, you'll be hooked! :)
I just finished this book, and I, too, finished it in just a couple of days. It completely sucked me in, and while I was reading (and LOVING) every word of it, I kept thinking to myself, this is so ridiculous, there is no part of this book that is intellectual or will change your life, but I am obsessed. Tomorrow night I am going to Barnes and Noble to pick up New Moon. I loved this book! It was thouroughly entertaining!
Andrea
Post a Comment