Sunday, February 15, 2009

Author Review, Nicholas Sparks




Nicholas Sparks is an internationally bestseller author. He write novels with themes that include Christianity, love, tragedy, and fate. He was born on New Years Eve. He lives in North Carolina with his wife and 5 kids. Most of his novels are fiction. If your in the mood for a easy, page turner than consider reading one by Nicholas Sparks. He won't let you down. You all probably have heard or read one of his books. His first novel was written in 1996 and he continues to write today.


Here's a list of all the novels he has written,
The Notebook
Message in a Bottle
A Walk to Remember
The Rescue
A Bend in the Road
Night in Rodanthe
The Guardian
The Wedding
Three Weeks with My Brother
True Believer
At First Sight
Dear John
The Choice
The Lucky One

Four of his novels have been adapted into major motion pictures such as "Message in a Bottle", "A Walk to Remember", "The Notebook", "Night at Rodanthe."
Things I learned about Nicholas Sparks that are interesting and not relevant to his novels;

He has his black belt, he still holds the track and field record at the University of Notre Dame, after selling "The Notebook", the first thing he bought was a new wedding ring for his wife, he and JK Rowling (of the Harry Potter fame) are the only comtemporary authors to have a novel spend more than a year on both the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists, in a poll of Entertainment Weekly readers, he was selected as the favorite author, he was selected by People Magazine as the "Sexiest Author."

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I have to confess that I've never read a Nicholas Sparks book. I have seen the movie The Notebook. Both my husband and I really liked it, and there isn't much we agree on in the "chick flick" genre. I'll have to give one of his books a try!!

Fay said...

I loved the many of Sparks book made into movies. They are a little predictable but full of romance! Just watched Night in Rodanthe. I'll have to read the books, as they are usually better than the movies. Thanks for your review, Breck!

Amy said...

I loved "A Walk to Remember" both the book and the Movie. Thank you for your post. I will have to look for more of his books to read.

Ann's ART said...

My husband still doesn't know that our 3 year old is named after the main character in "The Notebook". I think Noah is the most romantic character ever!! That genre is not normally what I read, and I haven't read many other Sparks books, but The Notebook will always be one of my favorites (both book & movie).