
Dark Angel, authored by Robert Kirby of the Salt Lake Tribune, is every bit as irreverant as his column. The main character is a little girl struggling to control her potty mouth and make friends with a mysterious stranger who comes to work on her father's farm. The stranger saves her and her sister from certain tragedy and always hides his face behind a cowboy kerchief.
This story centers around a family of a Mormon bishop in the times of Brigham Young. The Father is a polygamist, but don't let that scare you! It is handled well I think and gives you some insight into what that was like for the women, and children involved. It is a hilarious tale of love in all its forms. I laughed and cried.
I love this story. It is unconventional, but taught me valuable lessons. It was somewhat of a life changing book for me.
3 comments:
I'm excited to re-read this Maggie!! I loved it the first time and know I'll get more out of it the second time around. :)
I think I might have gotten the only copy of this in the Davis County library system. Sorry, everyone who lives here! I will read it fast and pass it on! Let me know if you need it.
Post a Comment