
Poor Leofric! A priceless emerald has fallen from the hilt of his masters sword. Will the young squire recover it in time for Sir Garderobe to win the jousting tournament? This book is a look and find book, sort of like Where's Waldo, only much smarter. I learned a lot about medieval culture, society, history etc. from reading it with my kids. It is a great book for a rainy day, we spent a good hour with it, and nobody got bored. Each page is a new scene in medieval times. You of course must find the emerald on each page, along with lists of other important things to discover. When I finished it, I started planning my own book just like it in my head. Maybe me and Leofric will end up in Egypt. Who knows!
The Stone in the Sword, Quest for the Stolen Emerald is by Deri Robins and is illustrated by Jim Robins.
1 comment:
This looks very fun, Maggie. Thanks for the suggestion. My kids LOVE seek-and-find type books!
Post a Comment